Lactobionic acid, a next-generation AHA possessing a polyhydroxy structure (a so-called polyhydroxy acid), has been shown to provide textural and smoothing benefits to skin and increase skin thickness via digital caliper measurements, thereby providing multiple anti-aging benefits. Lactobionic acid is also an antioxidant chelating substance that suppresses matrix metalloproteinase enzymatic activity, helping to protect against further sun damage.
The benefits of Lactobionic acid for the skin
Plumping the skin, improving the appearance of wrinkles
- Lactobionic acid is a strong humectant, is non-irritating to skin, and provides skin-smoothing and skin-moisturizing benefits.
- The antioxidant in Lactobionic acid is so potent that it is used as organ preservation fluids during transplantation procedures.
- After 12 weeks of usage of 8% Lactobionic acid cream, there was a 14.5% increase in skin firmness and elasticity.
Clinical grading revealed significant improvements in all the graded parameters at weeks 6 and 12 compared with baseline.
Visible improvement on wrinkles and fine lines
- Results showed significant improvements to skin texture and laxity, providing positive anti-aging benefits.
- Self-assessment by users demonstrated significant improvements in skin texture, elasticity, fine lines, and wrinkles, and no irritation.
- Lactobionic acid is ideal for all skin types to achieve anti-aging effects.
(Left) Eyelid skin before treatment
(Right) After 12 weeks of treatment with Lactobionic acid 8%