During this study of about 6 months, it was showed that treatment with Alpha Hydroxy Acids promotes an approximate 25% increase in skin thickness. The epidermis was thicker and papillary dermal changes included increased thickness, increased acid mucopolysaccharides, improved quality of elastic fibers, and increased density of collagen.
Plumping the skin, improving the appearance of wrinkles
- Marked improvement in skin plumpness after 6 months of usage.
- Improvement in the appearance of dyspigmentation after usage of 25% AHA lotion.
- Improve in the appearance of fine lines and dark pigments are less visible too.
(Left) Control right forearm after 6 months of treatment with inactive lotion
(Right) Left forearm of same patient after 6 months of treatment with 25% AHA lotion
Further assurance on the efficacycacher assurance on the effon e appearance of wrinklesment with 25% AHA lotioncreased density of collagen. of AHAs for anti-aging
- Significant improvement in epidermal thickness, increasing 25% of skin thickness after treatment. This improvement will decrease the visibility and improvement the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and folds.
- Increase in skin thickness appears to be caused by increased synthesis of glycosaminoglycans and collagen, and elastic fibers. These are all important components to keep the skin firm and youthful.
(Top) Arm without treatment
(Bottom) AHA-treated arm; obvious increment of epidermal thickness.